On top of passing the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle inspection, all vehicles in the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program are fewer than 5 model years old and have been driven fewer than 100,000 km - leaving only the cream of the crop to be considered Subaru Certified.
- Subaru vehicles with greater than 12 months / 20,000 km remaining of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36 months/ 60,000kms). These vehicles are sold with the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty and can be upgraded to an eligible Subaru Protection Plan for a reasonable fee.
- Subaru vehicles that are still under the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty period of 3 years or 60,000km, but with fewer than 12 months or 20,000 km (whichever comes first).
- These vehicles are sold with a Subaru Certified Limited Warranty of 48-month / 80,000 km (whichever comes first) from original in-service date . The warranty can be upgraded to extended time/km coverage for a reasonable fee.
- Subaru vehicles that are no longer covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36 months / 60,000 km) and are fewer than five model years old and have been driven fewer than 100,000 km.
- These vehicles are sold with a 12 months / 20,000 km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty and can be upgraded to extended time/km coverage for a reasonable fee.
Enjoy peace-of-mind purchase and ownership when you select a Subaru certified pre-owned vehicle.
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles include:
- Exclusive selection of pre-owned Subaru vehicles only
- Minimum 12 month/ 20,000 km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty
- 10-Day/ 1,000km Vehicle Exchange Privilege
- Subaru CARE (Roadside Assistance)
- 152-Point Inspection
- CarProof Vehicle History Reports
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
The Subaru Certified Program offers customers the opportunity to get into the pre-owned Subaru of their dreams without any of the concerns or hassles usually associated with shopping for a pre-owned vehicle.
Not all pre-owned Subaru vehicles sold or leased by authorized dealers qualify as Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles. In order to qualify as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle, a pre-owned vehicle must pass a comprehensive 152 point inspection by a Subaru factory trained technician.
Each Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is backed by a comprehensive Subaru Certified Limited Warranty and comes with a 10 day / 1,000 km exchange privilege plan, receives Roadside Assistance, and must pass a CarProof Vehicle History Report.
Quite simply, there is no better way to get into a pre-owned Subaru.
INSPECTION BY SUBARU FACTORY-TRAINED TECHNICIANS
Before being eligible for the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle program, each pre-owned vehicle must pass a comprehensive 152-point inspection by a Subaru factory-trained technician to ensure that it meets Subaru's highest standards both inside and out.
Any needed repair or maintenance is performed before the vehicle is considered as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle - leaving the customer with a safe, reliable and clean vehicle they will be proud to call their own.
ONE-TIME, 10-DAY / 1,000 KM EXCHANGE PRIVILEGE
The whole point of the Subaru Certified Program is to make the experience of purchasing a pre-owned Subaru as pleasurable and worry-free as possible. With that in mind, Subaru Canada, Inc. is pleased to offer Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers a one-time, 10-day / 1,000 km Exchange Privilege that Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers are welcome to use - for any reason.
Whether it is a simple change in preference of colour - perhaps, from red to World Rally Blue - or a decision to move to a different model entirely, the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege is in place to ensure Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers get the vehicle they want.
EXCHANGE PRIVILEGE ELIGIBILITY
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, unless otherwise indicated, are eligible for the Exchange Privilege if exchanged with the selling Subaru Dealer within the first 10 calendar days or the first 1,000 km - whichever comes first - of the date of purchase.
The initial Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle purchaser or retail lessee may exchange the eligible vehicle for another Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle of equal or lesser value and receive credit for the difference, if the purchase price of the exchanged vehicle is less than the agreed upon exchange value of the vehicle being returned.
If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is more than the agreed upon value of the vehicle being returned, the purchaser will pay the difference.
The vehicle must still be owned or leased by the original Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle retail purchaser or lessee and must be returned to the selling Subaru dealer in the same condition it was delivered to the customer, without damage or excessive wear and tear. An agreed upon 'exchange value' will be included on your Subaru Certified Limited Warranty Form.
EXCHANGE PRIVILEGE EXCLUSIONS
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers are not eligible for the Exchange Privilege if:
The vehicle was a fleet purchase or a fleet lease
The vehicle was used for livery, daily rental, hearse, limousine, taxi, snowplow or delivery services
The customer has previously exchanged a vehicle under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege within a period of 12 months commencing on the exchange date of the returned vehicle
The vehicle had after-market accessories installed (e.g. radio, alarm system, etc.), unless the installation was performed by or sublet by the selling Subaru Certified Dealer
The vehicle was structurally modified such that it would be ineligible to be certified as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle
EXCHANGE PRIVILEGE VEHICLE INSPECTION
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, exchanged under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege, will be inspected by the Subaru Certified dealer for damage and excessive wear and tear.
If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned.
If non-warranty repairs of less than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the cost of the repair will be deducted from the credit amount of the returned vehicle.